AWAEM “Hidden Gem” Award
To honor female faculty members with outstanding contributions through clinical work, teaching, mentorship, role modeling, or administration, having great impact locally or regionally. This award is designed to recognize those whose significant but quiet contributions may escape recognition. We will select up to FIVE winners of this award.
2017 Recipients: Kelli O'Laughlin (Harvard), Constance Nichols (Mass), Richelle Cooper (UCLA)
- Female EM faculty member in academic department in Emergency Medicine
- SAEM member
- Evidence of dedication to academic EM through a consistent track record of outstanding clinical work, teaching, service, advocacy, research, or administration.
- Nominee’s CV
- One nomination letter detailing nominee’s impact. Nomination letter may be submitted by current or former colleagues, mentors, mentees or employers.
The nomination process is twofold:
- Complete information on the online form here.
- Submit the CV and nomination letter Karen Jubanyik, MD at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2018 AWAEM Hidden Gem Award Nomination”
Deadline: February 1s, 2018 at 5pm PST